Wednesday, October 19, 2011

That's What She Said, VOLUME 2

The Hungry PK's are both wont to offer up unique and insightful perspectives on life, the universe, and everything.  PK 2, however, is especially adept at coining expressions "just right."  In an earlier post, I shared some of her greatest quotes.  Since then, she's offered up a few more gems, and now I pass them on to you.  Enjoy.

-THP

ON STANDARDS FOR AGREEING TO PLAY WITH SOMEONE, LOW:
"If you want to play with me, don't hit me again, then I'll play with you."

ON QUESTIONS, BUILDING UP ANTICIPATION OF:
DAUGHTER 2: "I've got something to say, and I'm as serious as I can be."
ME: "OK."
DAUGHTER 2: "So here I go."
ME: "OK."
DAUGHTER 2: "Are there any baseball stadiums in Egypt?"

ON MOSQUITOES, WHY THEY FEEL SHAFTED BY GOD:
"Did God even invent bad stuff like mosquitoes and boo-boos?  Oh, I know!  Is it because God invented dragonflies and dragonflies eat mosquitoes and God didn't want them to die?"

ON SENSITIVE PEOPLE, WHY THEY DON'T WORK IN FAST FOOD:
We had pulled into a Jack in the Box drive-through only to find that the fruit-smoothie machine was broken.  The woman asked me if I'd like a shake instead, to which I replied, "No thanks.  I'll just hold off for now."  Then we drove away, after which Monkey 2 asked:
"Did you hurt her feelings?"

ON QUESTIONS, THE PHRASING OF WHICH I'M NOT SURE WHAT TO MAKE OF:
"Did you remember our towels, or is that the only thing you forgot?"
-on the way to swimming

ON PRAYERS, COVERING THE SPECTRUM WITH:
"Dear God, we pray for anyone outside that they don't die and that they have raincoats.  And that you are with them and that they know you are with them."

ON FACTS NOT IN EVIDENCE, QUESTIONS ASSUMING:
"Are monsters your favorite bad animal?"

ON MOVIE QUOTES, LESS INTIMIDATING RENDITIONS OF:
After mommy had made biscuits, she went upstairs to get ready for church while the girls and I ate.  One of the jams we had available was huckleberry.  I told Monkey 2 that, when mommy came back down, to say, "I'm your huckleberry."  When mommy came back down, Monkey 2 paused, did her best to remember what to say, then looked at both of us and said:
"I'm your guyses huckleberry."

ON METEOROLOGY, OLD SCHOOL:
"I think it's going to rain, because I feel the wind and it feels like rain wind."

AND A SPECIAL BONUS QUOTE FROM MONKEY 1:
MONKEY 1: "There is a dangerous street on the way to Tyrone's house [Tyrone is a cartoon character].  It is very curvy and ends at another streeet.  So people don't like to go to his house very much."
ME: "Because it's too dangerous to get there?"
MONKEY 1: "Yeah.  But the construction workers made it very curvy so that people can't drive too fast on it."
ME: "Oh, are you talking about the street in San Fransisco?  Because there's a street in San Fransisco like that--did you read about that at school?"
MONKEY 1: "No, I'm talking about Tyrone's street."
ME: "Oh.  Because that's exactly what they did on this street in San Fransisco.  They made it really curvy so that people couldn't drive too fast."
MONKEY 1: "No.  The street in San Fransisco is Lombard Street, and Tyrone lives on Lafayette."

No comments:

Post a Comment